Security Officer, David H. Koch Theater At LincolnI Center
DAVID H. KOCH THEATER AT LINCOLN CENTER
New York, NY 10023
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
The Security Officer is part of the David H. Koch Theater Operations team and is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, staff, patrons, and all visitors to the Theater. The position reports to the DHKT Chief of Security. The Security Officer is a union represented role and the successful candidate will be required to join SEIU Local 32-BJ within 30 days of employment.
- Perform security patrols.
- Provide any needed assistance to patrons, employees and visitors with the department’s procedure.
- Enforce David H. Koch Theater badge procedures for building access.
- Monitor entrances and protect property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Detain any visitors suspected to be involved in illegal activity while on DHKT property and inform proper authorities.
- Investigate and write reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Receive deliveries and ensure distribution to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus any Security/Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public.
- Strong customer service orientation/etiquette and ability to work well with diverse clientele.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to write and investigate required reports.
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Professional manner and appearance required.
POSITION CONTROLS & WORKWEEK
Work hours may vary according to the performance schedule and will include nights, weekends, holidays, and other scheduled work periods as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position of interest to the New York City Ballet Human Resources Department,
by fax to 212-870-4042
or by e-mail to [email protected]
Please indicate DHKT Security Officer in the subject line of the email.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to BalletHR…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.