MCC Theater Stage Management Fellowship
New York, NY 10019
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that that has recently produced School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Hand to God, Punk Rock, among others over its 30+ years, is currently taking applications for the inaugural season of the MCC Theater Stage Management Fellowship for early career professionals historically underrepresented in the theater.
Over the course of a year (Spring 2019-February 2020), Fellows will:
- Train as Production Assistants on 3-4 mainstage productions at MCC Theater, working under highly skilled professional Stage Managers.
- Participate in workshops to learn hard skills in Excel, Final Draft, reporting, and collaborating with technical staff for the theater.
- Meet with other Fellows and with a supervising mentor to track professional growth and identify career-building opportunities, and support one another through shared experiences
- Spend time in MCC’s Administrative office observing various aspects of arts administration and production
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in theater and new plays
- A desire to pursue stage management professionally
Fellows will be compensated at the base weekly rate of $650 for rehearsal weeks and $600 for performance weeks, with the option to earn limited overtime pay. MCC will also provide a monthly MetroCard for the duration of the fellowship.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume, two references, and a cover letter.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
-What interests you about stage management and why do you want to pursue it as a career?
-Why do you want to participate in the Fellowship and what do you hope to learn?
-What about MCC Theater specifically appeals to you?
-How does your background or perspective address the goal of this Fellowship to provide mentorship and training to someone from a community that is currently underrepresented in professional stage management?
Please send a completed application to email@example.com
February 22, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to artisticjobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.