McCarter Theatre Center
Princeton, NJ 08540
McCarter Theatre Center, located on the campus of Princeton University, is one of the nation’s most active cultural centers. Under the artistic leadership of award-winning playwright and director Emily Mann, McCarter produces a vibrant six-play Theater Series each season. McCarter is a major presenter of the performing arts, bringing the best artists from around the world to Central New Jersey, including Dianne Reeves, Esparanza Spalding, Andy Borowitz, and many more. McCarter is committed to engaging, educating and cultivating a broad range of audiences, making the arts accessible to all people, and presenting a variety of entertaining and thought-provoking programming across disciplines.
The Graphic Designer produces a wide variety of print and digital materials to support the marketing and communication efforts of the organization. The Graphic Designer should have awareness of current trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest design programs, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Provides in-house layout of print and digital assets, including print ads, posters, direct mail, flyers, and digital ads, utilizing art direction provided by an outside agency.
- Work closely with the Marketing Managers and Assistant on the production schedule to make sure all materials are scheduled and internally proofed and approved.
- Work with Development and Education departments on layout of other institutional materials.
- Maintain relationship with printers and other media in the production of materials, which includes negotiating prices and selecting vendors to execute the jobs.
- When needed, hang displays, posters, photographs in lobbies and/or display cases.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong design skills, with experience in both print and digital design
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Basecamp or other project management tools.
- Design portfolio required
Commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions throughout the country. The range of benefits includes medical, vision and dental insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, and a 403 (b) retirement plan with matching contribution.
Please send a resume, cover letter, design portfolio, and three (3) references to [email protected] with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line, and let us know how you became aware of this opportunity. No phone calls please.
McCarter is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.