Angelika Film Center
New York, NY 10003
Reading International, the parent company of Angelika Film Center and Café, City Cinemas, Reading Cinemas and Consolidated Theatres is seeking a highly motivated, tech-savvy cinephile for a full time position as a Programming Assistant. This role would support the Film Booking and Special Programming departments, and would be based in the Manhattan office. Candidates must be responsible, well-organized, detail oriented, driven and passionate.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assist the Film Booking department with systematic procedures including, but not limited to, Monday ‘booking day’ tasks, film title setup, record keeping, invoice processing, following up as needed to check that ticketing has loaded properly at each location, and acting as a communication liaison between the Director of Film Programming and necessary parties
– Assist the Special Programming department with items including, but not limited to, film title setup, shipping and/or email distribution of necessary materials, calendar management, creation of tracking links, following up as needed to check that ticketing has loaded properly at each location, and acting as a communication liaison between the Director of Special Programming and necessary parties
– Content management including overseeing and implementing the creation of film pages within Content Management System and ensuring films are coded correctly therein, creating Event Calendar listings, and writing film synopses
– Maintaining a film image database for all titles, and maintaining digital film poster placement across necessary channels
– Troubleshooting and helping ensure timely solutions when issues with ticketing or the Content Management System arise
– Assisting with logistical needs of 4Wall films
– Additional participation in other tasks and projects, as needed.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in speaking and writing.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
– We are interested in candidates who are responsible, detail oriented, and passionate about film and marketing.
· Hourly Salary: $17 – $19 based on experience.
· Health Benefits
· 401K Plan
· Paid Vacation
· Free Movies
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with Programming Assistant in the subject line.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Reading International reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time.
March 4, 2019 –
• Hourly Salary: $17 – $19 based on experience.