Mobile Unit Tour Assistant
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a dynamic production member to assist on our upcoming Mobile Unit tour. This is an hourly overhire position that will run approximately 4/1-4/27. Some evenings and Saturdays are required and candidates must be available for the full time period.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
– Drive a 15-passenger van safely and with confidence.
– Gas up and park vehicles.
– Collaborate closely with the Mobile Unit show team (Producer, Company Manager, Production Manager, and Stage Manager). This position will report directly to the Production Manager but will be asked to assist the Producer and Company Manager when Production duties are completed.
– Assist loading and unloading vehicles on tour.
– Help set up space when necessary. This may include setting props and costumes, placing programs on seats, setting up snacks and lunches, or staying with company equipment and gear.
– Navigate travel routes and assist tour technician as necessary.
– Additional tasks as assigned.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
*Please note that the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles requires you to have a New York driver’s license within 30 days of becoming a resident of New York.
– Must be willing and able to enter secure facilities (homeless shelters, prisons).
– Successful candidates will have experience building collaborative relationships with a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
– Tour experience not necessary.
– Must be able to lift 30+ lbs and work effectively in a fast pace and variable environment.
– Calm demeanor, flexibility, and sense of humor are a plus.
– Preferably passionate about the mission statement of The Public Theater and the Mobile Unit program in particular.
This a Non-Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jpena…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.