Seasonal Production / Stage Management Internship
Virginia Repertory Theatre
Richmond, VA 23220
The deadline for this application is Friday, March 29th, 2019.
Join a team of hardworking staff members who take pride in the artistic quality of their work. Virginia Repertory Theatre is seeking a seasonal production/stage management intern to join our staff. We are Central Virginia’s largest nonprofit professional theatre company, with an annual operating budget of $5.5 million, four distinct venues, an educational touring arm, and an annual audience of 530,000. Virginia Rep creates professional productions of the great comedies, dramas and musicals – past, present and future. We also are dedicated to the development and production of new plays, and we seek to ensure these new works have lives beyond their productions at Virginia Rep.
- Provide artistic and administrative support to the Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director, Production Manager and Artistic Assistant
- Provide general administrative support for productions in all four seasons (Signature, Children’s, Hanover, and Cadence)
- Assist with organizing and facilitating auditions
- Attend design conferences, production meetings, and rehearsals for productions
- Basic archival responsibilities
- Work as an Assistant Stage Manager for a minimum of 2 Signature Season shows
- Participation in the Equity Membership Candidate program available
- Production stage management opportunities may be available based on candidate’s qualifications
- Additional projects as assigned
- Previous stage management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Google Drive and Microsoft Suite preferred
- Eager to work effectively in a diverse, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Duration of Internship: August 27th, 2019 – May 22, 2020
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those interns who need it. Interns able to house themselves will receive a stipend of $180/week. Those interns in need of Virginia Rep housing will receive a stipend of $130/week. Each housed intern will share a bedroom with another intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.
Supervisor: Production Manager
How to Apply Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to [email protected]with the subject line (your last name) – Production & Stage Management Seasonal Intern. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Virginia Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
August 27, 2019 – May 22, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to interns…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.