Stage 2 / Atlantic Acting School Technical Director
Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Atlantic Theater Company is looking for a technical director for the 2019 Spring Semester.
Dates: 2/25/2019 – 5/26/2019 (1 week off in March, plus 1 week of strike in June if available).
Rate: $23.00/ HR. plus overtime. Guaranteed 35 hours per week, although most weeks will be 40.
The Stage 2 Technical Director supports the Stage 2 Production Manager with all productions and events as well as in all aspects of the day to day operations of the Production Department. The Stage 2 TD works closely with Stage 2 Production Manager, School Artistic Director, and Operations Manager to execute physical production for our various productions. This includes one professional AEA production, and three Atlantic Acting School productions, along with all other Atlantic Theater Company and Acting School programming scheduled at the Stage 2 Theater.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Attend all Staff Meetings and report on production department activity.
· Attend all Production and Design meetings as set by the Production Manager and Stage Manager.
· Work with the Set Designer and Director to achieve the artistic goals of the PLAY while maintaining the budget set by the Production Manager.
· Coordinate production deadlines and build calendar in conjunction with the Production Manager.
· Assist Production Manager in executing Designer’s expectations and managing production budgets.
· Create and maintain the scenery budget for all items built in the theater.
· Create working drawings for any scenery items built in the theater.
· Hiring for load in crews.
· Purchasing lumber and hardware orders – accurately record and track all production expenses
· Supervise load in and technical notes calls ‐ run all scenery and rigging work calls.
· Maintaining a safe working environment in the theater.
· Assist the Production Manager with weekly and monthly expense projections.
· Maintain shop and tool inventory and upkeep
· Additional duties as assigned by Production Manager
· Act as substitute on run crew when needed.
· Interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Creative problem‐solving.
· Theatrical Carpentry skills.
· Ability to set and meet deadlines.
· Drafting experience in Vectorworks or AutoCAD, general computer skills with a solid understanding of MS Excel.
· Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
· BA/BFA in Theater or related years of experience
· Background in multiple areas of theatrical production
· Ability to lift 75 lbs
· Valid driver’s license
Please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Ian Guzzone, Stage 2 Production Manager, at [email protected] . Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
February 25, 2019 – May 26, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.