Music & Materials Intern
Music Theatre International
New York, NY 10019
Part-time in-house intern assisting with the Music & Materials Department, utilizing and developing skills relevant to the industry.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
· Creating RehearScores for new and existing titles
· Creating new transpositions to fulfill new Transpositions-On-Demand orders (i.e. Finale work)
· Coordinating with supervisor to determine priorities
· Assisting with error identification in existing materials, when applicable; working to correct existing materials for re-prints
· PDF compilation for scores and parts as needed – including review for proper page turns
· Assisting with unique (“special”) music requests as they arise – including in-house preparation of parts/scores for high-profile concert engagements, music review/analysis, etc.
· Other general support for the Music & Materials Department, including printing/binding, music-related research, and other various tasks as determined by the Department Director
· Finale and Sibelius work as needed – including vocal book creation, score/part formatting or revision, and other misc. music editing assigned by Department Director or Development Supervisor
Extensive background in music, including intimate knowledge of orchestration, music copying practices, and high proficiency with the latest versions of Finale and/or Sibelius.
Organizational skills; ability to work under deadlines; attention to detail; multi-tasking abilities; aesthetic sensibilities; strong interpersonal skills; team player; strong proofreading skills; technologically minded; problem solver; self-motivator; proficiency with Quark, Adobe Creative Suites (Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Indesign), Digital Performer (or similar DAW) and Microsoft Office; be well-versed in the Mac platform, including the latest operating systems.
Salary: $15 per hour
Schedule: Flexible 20 hours per week
Length: Flexible 2-4 months
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000168-7c8b-dd6f-a1fa-7fdf509d0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.