Community Development Manager
San Diego, CA 92116
The Community Development Manager serves as the main administrative support for marketing, development, special events and patron services efforts at Diversionary. This position seeks, maintains and cultivates relationships with patrons and donors by supporting their customer service requests and needs. This position also coordinates marketing and fundraising appeals, manages the development calendar, and coordinates applications and reports to foundations and government agencies. They also organize special patron and donor events with the assistance of staff and volunteers and assumes other duties as needed for Diversionary.
The Community Development Manager is an essential core member of the Diversionary team, reports directly to the Executive Artistic Director and Managing Director, and works closely with the Business Associate, Marketing Consultant, Producing Associate, Education Associate and Board leadership. Duties include:
· Oversee the Marketing and Development Calendars, in concert with Managing and Executive Artistic Directors.
· Develop and implement Marketing initiatives and strategies using social media and the mailchimp platform.
· Light graphic design for supporting marketing programs and productions.
· Maintaining the grants and individual giving calendar and donor database.
· Tracking all donations, pledges, multi-year gifts, legacy gifts, matching gifts etc. and ensures all acknowledgements, reminders and associated communications are distributed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Grant writing for recurring and new grant proposals to Foundation and Government agencies.
· Recruit and supervise volunteers to support mailings, initiatives & events.
· Maintains a current database within OvationTix for patrons and donors.
· Report regularly on campaign initiatives and tracking of development and marketing goals.
· Work closely with the Board of Trustees and the Development Committee on all development initiatives and reporting mechanisms.
· Supports all other development activities of Diversionary Theatre in support of the Executive Artistic Director.
· Perform Front of House (concessions & box office) duties when required.
· Check the Box Office email and phone voicemail regularly, and attend to patrons’ messages.
· Assist in email and social media campaigns.
· Organize and support Board and Committee meetings.
· Organize and support special events, such as the annual Gala, cultivation events at donor and board homes, as well as the regular Backstage Thursday and Sneak-A-Peek events.
· Support the Managing Director in patron services needs and address issues as they arise.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidate will possess an undergraduate degree, and experience in the professional theatre. Working knowledge of Ovationtix, Excel, Word, Mailchimp, Adobe programs and Social Media platforms desirable but not required.
How to Apply
Diversionary Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and people of color encouraged to apply.
To apply by sending cover and resume to Matt M. Morrow, Executive Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2019. No phone calls please.
January 12, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to employment…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.