Wigs Run Crew
American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Production-by-production basis
Reports To: Wig Supervisor
Salary: $18 – $21 DOE (Not Eligible for Benefits)
A.C.T is looking for seasonal overhire wigs run crew for its 2018/2019 Productions. The Wigs Crew is responsible for the overall execution and implementation of the running and maintenance of the wigs, hair and makeup during A.C.T. productions. They shall maintain the integrity of the wig and hair design throughout the production as established by the Wig Master. They assist actors with the application and removal of all wigs, facial hair and makeup. They are responsible for documenting and updating pre show and run of show paperwork as well as taking photographs of the actors in their character looks for the show bible. They shall participate in the inventorying, upkeep and maintenance of the basement wig room supplies during the production run.
- Running and maintenance of the wigs, hair and makeup during the production from load in until the closing and load out.
- Completes pre-show and post show duties including: application and removal of wigs and facial hair, styling actors hair and specialty makeup application.
- Assist Wigs Supervisor in creating wig running crew paperwork to assure that all actor hair and makeup needs are met.
- Participate in providing updated or amended wig run crew track paperwork to the Wig Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the creation of a Show Bible by providing all paperwork documents to the Wig Master as well as taking archival photos of each characters looks (and as applicable changes to the look).
- Attend Designer Runs and other pertinent pre-dress rehearsal meetings as assigned by Wig Supervisor.
- Implement hair and make-up design applications as established by the Wig Master.
- Work with Wig Master and Stage Management to schedule wig calls for performers during the tech, tech/ preview and performance period.
- Work with the Sound Department to incorporate any microphone placement into the Wig design.
- Maintain all wigs and facial hair elements as assigned, including cleaning and restyling as needed.
- Participates in the inventorying, upkeep and cleanliness of the Geary wig room, stock and common wig/ wardrobe areas to maintain a well-stocked, clean and organized wig room.
- Notifies Wig Master immediately of any damage to wigs or show-related incidents and issues.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to; cleaning and resetting the wigs and makeup items, ventilating or fronting hair items.
- Education and/or significant high level, hands on professional experience (minimum one year) with an emphasis on wig & make-up and theater.
- Proficient styling and maintaining all types of wigs and facial hair.
- Applied all lace, human hair wigs.
- Familiarity with hygiene and sanitation techniques related to make-up, wigs, and hair.
- Familiarity with period and historical hairstyles and makeup.
- Excellent work ethic including but not limited to: time management, self-motivation, diplomacy, and interpersonal and collaborative communication skills.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Job requires continuous and repetitive use of hands and wrists, for fine gripping and forceful gripping. Ability to reach above head, lift up to 15 pounds and repeatedly ascend and descend stairs is essential.
- Ability to do a variety of men’s haircuts, as needed and cosmetology license a plus
- Experience with prosthetic application and painting a plus
- Ventilating and wig making experience a plus
- Work irregular hours, evening hours, long hours and weekend as required
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume, including references, to email@example.com with Wigs Run Crew Search in the subject line. More information can be found at: http://www.act-sf.org/home/about/opportunities/job_openings.html.
$18 – $21
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hr…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.