Temporary Special Events Gala Assistant
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Temporary Special Events Gala Assistant will assist the department with the daily tasks associated with The Public Theater’s Annual Gala and report to the Director, Special Events. This is a full time position, approximately 40 hours per week, with some nights and weekends required, as well as some heavy lifting.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage all donation tracking, ticket sales, and solicitation activity in Tessitura for the Gala and other benefits.
· Complete outgoing calls for sales, confirmations, and information gathering with donors.
· Create RSVP forms and maintain all event sales and attendance reports.
· Process gift forms and collect pledges for donations into database.
· Execute Gala invitation mailings and coordinate in house volunteer efforts for mailings.
· Take incoming calls and emails regarding events.
· Help coordinate donor program acknowledgement.
· Assist in ticketing for cultivation dinners and theater performances.
· Attend additional cultivation events and opening nights to work check-in as needed.
· Work with Development Operations to send invoices and execute pledge payment follow up, create and send tax acknowledgement letters, and reconcile revenue.
· Supports Event Manager and Director on all Gala administrative needs.
· Additional duties to be assigned as needed.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and organization
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once
· Tessitura or database experience strongly preferred, but not required
· Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Drive
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This a Non-Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to events…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.