General Management Associate
New York, NY 10014
Film Forum, an acclaimed nonprofit cinema located in lower Manhattan, seeks an affable, detail-oriented person to work closely with the general manager in the day-to-day operations of a busy 4-screen theater, and of a 6-story building containing offices and apartments. This full-time position regularly interacts with all of the theater’s staff. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle many tasks while remaining unruffled & personable, and will be interested in furthering their career in theater management or arts administration.
· Ensuring that all films are played at the highest quality by:
o working closely with projectionists, programmers, theater managers, distributors, filmmakers and post houses to communicate projection needs & issues
o coordinating upkeep of projection equipment with Film Forum’s service providers
o staying abreast of latest theater technologies
o scheduling usage of theater’s four theaters in association with the General Manager, programmers, managers, and publicists
· Researching and ordering:
o merchandise to sell during the run of premiere and repertory films
o all manner of furnishings, fixtures and equipment for public spaces, offices, projection booth, and rental apartments
· Supporting general manager in administering the theater’s fiscal sponsorship program
· Working with programmers on technical aspects of special events
· Assisting general manager in overseeing the upkeep and maintenance of all of Film Forum’s facilities (theaters, offices, and rental apartments)
· Assuming responsibility for various administrative duties ranging from financial tracking to organizing office systems
- Qualifications and Skills:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in office administration, ideally having dealt with technology in some capacity
- Quick, adaptable learner with an aptitude for technical matters
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure while being able to problem solve
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required
- Must have patience, and a good sense of humor
- Interest in film or knowledge of projection a plus
Salary: Mid 40s depending on experience. Complete benefits package including fully paid medical insurance.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume and three references to Chad Bolton, General Manager, at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.