Cruise Line Production Manager
RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY
RWS Entertainment Groupis a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Cruise Line Production Manager to serve as operational, technical and logistics coordinator for numerous cruise line productions.
About the role…
Reporting to the Cruise Line Production Director, the Cruise Line Production Manager will oversee all operational and creative logistics for multiple cruise ship production shows.
- What’s expected… Oversee NYC rehearsal process scheduling and performer logistics.
- Work with RWS Casting Department on placement of cast members in performer rehearsal housing.
- Collect HR materials from performers for onboarding. Track progress and highlight any concerns to ensure all information has been properly secured and processed.
- Coordinate the completion of performer online training courses and Marlins tests.
- Oversee performer appointment scheduling in order for medical certificates to be obtained.
- Coordinate and distribute travel for performers and contractors to/from NYC with travel department.
- Coordinate scenic, wardrobe and prop load ins and ship outs, as needed.
- Facilitate and supervise onboard tech rehearsals including all design and tech elements (scenic, lighting, video, props, wardrobe).
- Manage onboard daily scheduling with the client, Director, and Stage Manager.
- Coordinate and implement any required technical changes onboard.
- Confirm and document the condition of all production elements and facilitate any necessary repairs.
- Coordinate the off-loading and return shipping of any production elements with the Stage Manager.
- Provide administrative support for the Producer, Production Director, Show Director, and other production team members.
- Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
- Submit invoices, expense reports, and reimbursements for staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
Please Note:While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
- What you bring… Minimum BFA/BA in Theater Arts, Stage Management, Production Management, Theatrical Design or comparable work experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in entertainment production management, stage management or technical direction/design (cruise ship production experience preferred)
- The ideal candidate will be energetic and inquisitive, great with people and show outstanding attention to detail
- Logistically and creatively minded
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- The ability and interest to travel internationally between 2-3 weeks for each production install; multiple installs per year
- A valid passport
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible schedule allowing for irregular work hours, as needed
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances
- The deal…
- Work in a beautiful office with a super awesome team
- When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events
- Contract Feb 11th – July
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY