Williamstown Theatre Festival
Williamstown, MA 01267
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position working out of the Williamstown office year-round. They are responsible for the planning and execution of all customer-facing Williamstown Theatre Festival communications. Key duties include the coordination of all WTF press activities and the creation and distribution of content for all WTF communications channels, including email, social media, website, web advertisement, print advertisement, press release, direct mail, and other print assets including programs, posters, and signage.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, this position serves as the primary liaison with outside contractors performing key marketing activities for the Festival.
The ideal candidate is an enterprising individual with excellent project management skills, a keen eye for detail, a superior creative aesthetic, a critical eye for the many ways in which a brand communicates with its customers, and a passion for the performing arts and the development of its audiences.
– Create and maintain a detailed WTF communications plan that encompasses all customer-facing communications activities and ensure that all elements are completed on time and on budget
– Coordinate all WTF email marketing, direct mail marketing, advertising, and social media activities in close collaboration with out-of-house Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, and Video Production firms based in NYC
** Working closely with Graphic Design and Video Production firms, coordinate the creation of key graphic and video assets including production key art, season brochures, donor rack cards, show posters, program covers, ads, and promotional videos
** Produce in-house all other marketing assets necessary to support marketing activities
** Distribute assets via proper channels and platforms per communications plan
** Manage administration of accounts in coordination with firms
** Serve as primary contact for firms: coordinate meetings, facilitate and participate in strategic planning, identify and communicate plan adjustments, share content, redistribute reports, etc.
– Coordinate all WTF press activities in close collaboration with an out-of-house Public Relations firm based in NYC
** Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with local press (Berkshire County, Capital Region, Southern VT), pitch stories, and service their needs in-season and throughout the year
** Maintain the press & marketing archives (including reviews, features, clips, photos, and video)
** Maintain the photo (digital and print) and video archives and fulfill all internal and external requests for images/footage
** Serve as primary contact for PR firm: coordinate meetings, facilitate and participate in strategic planning, identify and communicate plan adjustments, share content, redistribute reports, etc.
– Perform weekly updates and routine maintenance of content on the WTF website
– Monitor and ensure accuracy of WTF show and event listings in external media
– Lead in the hiring and supervision of the seasonal Communications Office, including positions in marketing, publicity, print & graphics, photography, video, and social media
– Oversee publication of the summer playbills in close collaboration with seasonal print & graphics hires
– Report on marketing plan execution and results, plan updates, and other topics as requested or assigned
– General Williamstown office management in the non-summer months, in coordination with Director of Finance
– Serve as primary back up to Director of Audience Engagement on phones in non-summer months
– Uphold WTF’s standard of excellence as it relates to design, messaging, and attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to quickly craft and deliver clear, accurate, and engaging messaging, whether for marketing purposes or in the regular course of business
– Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact well with a variety of personalities and individuals including staff, press, and vendors
– Capable of handling multiple projects and prioritizing appropriately
– Willingness to work until all tasks have been completed
– Able to foster a cooperative work environment
– Able to influence others to perform their jobs effectively
– Four-year college or advanced degree
– High level of computer aptitude and proficiency in G Suite software
– Familiarity with Asana or other project management software
– Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media
– Familiarity with MailChimp or other email marketing software
– Familiarity with WordPress or other web publishing software
– Availability to work evenings and weekends throughout the year but especially June-August
– Must maintain confidentiality and security of patron and Festival information
In addition to the duties listed above, Williamstown Theatre Festival expects the following of each employee: adheres to WTF policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in WTF events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
ABOUT WILLIAMSTOWN THEATRE FESTIVAL:
For over six decades, Williamstown Theatre Festival, recipient of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre and the Commonwealth Award for Achievement, has brought emerging and professional theatre artists together to create a thrilling summer festival of premiere work alongside fresh, new productions of the western canon, and offers a rich array of accompanying cultural events including COMMUNITY WORKS, Late-Night Cabarets, along with readings and workshops of new plays. Under Artistic Director Mandy Greenfield, the Festival launched a New Play and Musical Commissioning Program through which theatre artists including Jocelyn Bioh, Nathan Alan Davis, Halley Feiffer, Justin Levine, Matthew Lopez, Marsha Norman, Jiehae Park, Zoe Sarnak and Benjamin Scheuer, and many others, are creating new work year-round. The Festival runs unmatched training programs for new generations of theatre talent, and artists and productions shaped at the Festival fill theatres in New York, London, and around the country each season. Williamstown Theatre Festival’s productions of The Bridges of Madison County, The Elephant Man, Fool for Love, Living on Love, and The Visit enjoyed critically acclaimed runs on Broadway, with The Elephant Man and The Visit receiving Tony Award nominations for Best Revival of a Play and Best Revival of a Musical, respectively. In addition, the Festival’s world premiere productions of Cost of Living(winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Drama) and Actually played acclaimed Off-Broadway runs at Manhattan Theatre Club, and Paradise Blue had an extended run at Signature Theatre in New York.
Williamstown Theatre Festival is an equal opportunity employer, committed to telling diverse stories and to fostering an inclusive environment both onstage and off.
HOW TO APPLY