Director of Individual Giving
Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Second Stage Theater seeks a dynamic DIRECTOR OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING to play a key role in leading the organization’s strategy, engagement, and stewardship efforts for individual donors. Qualified candidates will have significant experience as frontline fundraisers, success in major gifts and donor program management, as well as a passion for Second Stage’s mission.
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists. Second Stage welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
Responsibilities of the Director of Individual Giving include:
· Lead and direct the implementation of 2ST’s individual fundraising efforts, including the implementation of a robust moves management system;
· Coordinate and collaborate with the Director of Special Events on all cultivation events;
· In conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Development, and Board of Trustees, grow major gifts, focusing on donors giving $25K+;
· Supervise and lead a growing Individual Giving team;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of progressive fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organization, preferably in the performing arts;
· Expertise in the cultivation and solicitation of individuals, especially at the major gifts level;
· An effective leader, with solid experience in managing and mentoring staff;
· Knowledge of CRM software required, a knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Generous benefit package with health/dental insurance, paid time off, Summer Fridays, and 401(k) included.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to [email protected] with ‘Director of Individual Giving – FULL NAME’ in the subject line. No phone calls.
Second Stage Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.