Cocaine Cowboys- Miami FL EPA
Miami New Drama
Call Type: EPA
Tier 6; $479/week AEA min
Director: Michel Hausmann
Attending EPA: Artistic Director, Michel Hausmann, Erik Rodriguez
Rehearsal Date(s): 2/5/19
Preview Date(s): 3/7-3/8/19
Opening Date(s): 3/9/19
Closing Date(s): 4/7/19 *subject to change
Only if unable to attend the EPA, Video auditions will be accepted. Please send the required prepared materials to email@example.com
An Equity Monitor will not be provided. The producer will run all aspects of this audition.
Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend every audition.
Always bring your Equity Membership card to auditions.
Equity actors for all roles. See breakdown.
1. RIVI (30s-40s): Latino man. Suave sociopath.
2. GRISELDA BLANCO / KATHY / GLADYS (30s-50s) – Latina woman. State Attorney, drug queenpin, Rivi’s wife, all female roles.
3. BOY (10) – Latino. “Young Rivi,” “Son” and all the children parts.
4. RUIZ / FERNANDO / CHUCHO (30s-50s): Primarily plays former Miami-Dade Police Lt. Ruiz. Can also be ensemble for large scenes with hitmen.
5. PETERSON / RESTAURANT OWNER / JAVI (20s-40s): plays Miami-Dade Police Sgt. Peterson and same as above.
ABOUT THE PLAY:
COCAINE COWBOYS is a stand-up routine from the gallows. It is a love letter to devoted fans. It is a work of fabulation from a gangster, Jorge “Rivi” Ayala. The play centers around Jose ‘Rivi’ Ayala and his attempt to avoid the electric chair. He’s answering questions and posing himself as the hero in these vignettes. But as the questions and reveals progress, he loses control of the narrative, and his trauma from past murders as well as his fears of his own state-sponsored death take over. The other players on stage serve as narrators who blend into the scenes, enact certain moments, embody characters, and facilitate Jose’s story.
1040 Lincoln Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33139-2502
Monday, January 28, 2019
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
WHAT TO PREPARE
Please prepare one modern monologue. Bring picture and resume.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult