Chorus Line – Sonoma ECC Female Dancers (01.22.19)
Transcendence Theatre Company
Call Type: ECC
LOA/COST. Minimum – $624/wk
Artistic Director/Director: Amy Miller
Assoc. Director/Choreographer: Jim Cooney
Musical Director: Daniel Weidlein
Fly IN: May 27th
First Rehearsal: May 28th
Opening Performance: June 14th
Closing Performance: June 30th
Fly OUT: July 1st
Originally Conceived, Directed, and
Choreographed by: Michael Bennett
Book: James Kirkwood Jr. and Nicholas Dante
Music: Marvin Hamlisch
Lyrics: Edward Kleban
An Equity Monitor will not be provided. The producer will run all aspects of this audition
Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend every audition.
Always bring your Equity Membership card to auditions.
To play dancers in the audition. Must have strong ballet and jazz training and be excellent dancers who sing well.
• Zach, the imperious, successful director running the audition.
● Larry, his assistant.
•Don Kerr, a married man who once worked in a strip club.
•Maggie Winslow, a sweet woman who grew up in a broken home.
•Mike Costa, an aggressive dancer who learned to tap at an early age.
•Connie Wong, a petite Chinese-American who seems ageless.
• Greg Gardner, a sassy Jewish gay man who divulges his first experience with a woman.
• Cassie Ferguson, a once successful solo dancer down on her luck and a former love of Zach’s.
• Sheila Bryant, a sassy, sexy, aging dancer who tells of her unhappy childhood.
• Bobby Mills, Sheila’s best friend who jokes about his conservative upbringing in Buffalo, New York.
• Bebe Benzenheimer, a young dancer who only feels beautiful when she dances.
• Judy Turner, a tall, gawky, and quirky dancer.
• Richie Walters, an enthusiastic black man who once planned to be a kindergarten teacher.
• Al DeLuca, an Italian-American who takes care of his wife.
• Kristine Urich (DeLuca), Al’s scatter-brained wife who can’t sing.
• Val Clark, a foul-mouthed but excellent dancer who couldn’t get performing jobs because of her looks until she had plastic surgery.
• Mark Anthony, the youngest dancer who recounts the time he told his priest he thought he had gonorrhea.
• Paul San Marco, a gay Puerto Rican who dropped out of high school and survived a troubled childhood.
• Diana Morales, Paul’s friend, another Puerto Rican who was underestimated by her teachers.
• Tricia, who has a brief vocal solo.
• Vicki, who never studied ballet.
• Lois, who dances like a ballerina.
• Roy, who can’t get the arms right (“Wrong arms Roy”).
• Butch, who gives attitude in the audition.
• Tom, an all-American jock.
• Frank, who looks at his feet
N/A. Please sign up at audition space beginning at 4:30 PM on 1/22/19.
Hanna Boys Center
17000 Arnold Drive
Sonoma, CA 95476
Auditorium: When you enter the campus, make your FIRST left turn. 2 nd building on left.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
WHAT TO PREPARE
Please be warmed up and prepared to dance at the appointed time.
Bring picture and resume stapled together
Minors must be accompanied by an adult