Production Manager & Resident Director – Drunk Shakespeare Chicago
Meme Juice Productions IL LLC
Chicago, IL 60601
Production Manager & Resident Director
Salary: $1000/week with opportunity for advancement based on performance
Work Schedule: 6 days per week, 1 day off
Start Date: Feb 1, 2019 – Open-ended
The hit Off-Broadway production of Drunk Shakespeare is coming to Chicago with a brand new custom-built black box theatre in The Loop, and we are seeking a new Manager and Resident Director to join our team.
The ideal candidate has a balance of creative interest and managerial responsibility, and enjoys handling logistics and day-to-day operations as well as curating creative comedy.
The successful candidate for this position will be a leader, and should be comfortable with independence, responsibility and solving problems. The Chicago Manager will have the opportunity to delegate tasks, but is responsible for supervising all elements to ensure a world-class show. This includes managing a full budget of revenues and expenses to maximize returns.
Our Chicago Manager will work closely with our New York City Resident Director (Lisa Klages), Director (David Hudson) and Producer (Scott Griffin). Chicago RD will assist the Director during casting and rehearsals and then be responsible for ongoing rehearsals and maintenance.
Managerial Duties include:
– Casting and hiring all crew and other staff
– Training, Scheduling and Managing all cast, crew and other staff
– Managing a team to keep the production running professionally
– Responsibility for ALL aspects of the production, including creative content, patron experience, bar quality, and ticket sales
– Supervising all departments and teams to maximize quality
Creative Duties include:
– Maintaining world-class quality
– Weekly rehearsal
– Casting and hiring new cast
– Daily notes
– Adjusting content to fit the political and social climate
Candidate should be self-disciplined enough to work on their own time managing administration tasks, plus should be a daily presence in performances (up to 6 days per week). This is an open-ended full-time position.
For consideration please Email [email protected] with:
1. SHORT cover letter
2. Resume/CV detailing General Work History/Admin/Managerial
3. Resume/CV detailing Directing/Artistic/Stage Management/Technical Theatre etc.
Visit drunkshakespeare.com for more info on the show.
February 1, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to will…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.