Designers (Lighting, Sound, Projection)
Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Atlantic Theater Company, the award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school founded in 1985 by David Mamet and William H. Macy, seeks sound, light, and projection designers for its educational outreach program, Staging Success.
· Designing a large scale production in an educational setting.
· Providing some mentorship to a large and diverse population of young people.
· Conducting some design workshops during the school day at our partner schools, depending on the project.
· Being on site during the tech week and performances to facilitate the organizational structure and run of the show.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional training/experience.
· The ability to design and build a show.
· Confidence in the ability to hold a leadership role among a large group of up to ninety participants.
There are two specific upcoming projects that need designers. They are the week of 2/11/19 and the week 4/15/19. Designers would be expected to design and also run the shows. Please email cover letter, and portfolio/resume to the attention of Heather Baird, Director of Education and Recruitment at [email protected]. Include your area of expertise in the subject line and include your availability for either or both of the projects listed above in your email. if you are unavailable for those projects, but would like to be considered for future projects, please indicate that as well.
No phone calls, please. Atlantic Theater Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit: www.atlantictheater.org.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.