Project Manager – Set – Hangzhou
Cirque du Soleil
Temporary position:6 months in China
Start date: January 2019
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
We are currently looking for a talented Project Manager – Set who is seeking a challenging opportunity to enhance his or her career by joining the production team for a resident show who will take place in Hangzhou. Mandate is based in Hangzhou (6 months).
Your responsibilities will entail:
· Coordinate multiple parties to complete the installation of various technical elements (including local labor and vendor coordination; schedule and punch list management; operations team training, staging, and handover coordination)
· Coordinate with designers, suppliers and stakeholders to collect, create and manage design requirements;
· Create budget estimates, coordinate budget forecasts and manage costs;
· Manage all procurement documentation (including plans, specifications, correspondence, contracts, submittals, and documents related to construction, delivery, coordination, changes, issues, payments, acceptance and close-out) and coordinate with procurement and legal departments;
· Identify and monitor risks, issues and changes, and work with the project team to resolve them;
· Attend coordination meetings, write progress reports, and manage the collection and filing of correspondence;
· Coordinate all acceptance activities, including the creation and management of all acceptance documents;
· Conduct risk assessment analysis and coordinate with Health and Safety department;
· Collect feedback from suppliers, operations and project teams;
· Collect, write and hand-over final documentation and obtain final acceptance;
· Coordinate close-out activities with suppliers, operations and project teams.
We would like to meet you if you have:
· DEC (college-level diploma) in theatrical technologies or equivalent experience in large scale international theatrical productions;
· At least six years’ experience in development and delivery of scenic equipment, including 4 years as a project manager;
· Contract and procurement management experience;
· Cost and schedule management experience;
· Risk Assessment analysis and management experience;
· Knowledge of various fabrication and design techniques and materials as related to scenic equipment;
· Knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks and other drafting and design software;
· Fluency in French and English;
· Availability to work in China for a period of approximately 6 months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque’s creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to: – Make a real visible difference in what you do;
– Learn and grow within our international environment;
– Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
– Join a dynamic, high energy and creative
HOW TO APPLY