Audience Services Manager
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Audience Services Manager oversees all daily operations and activities of The Public Theater Box Offices and Call Center with the objective of optimizing ticket sales for all events and performances while delivering a customer service experience focused on kindness and accessibility for all. The Manager executes a variety of administrative duties related to ticket sales and fulfillment, membership and partner acquisition and renewal, special events, accounting, reporting, list generation and audience analysis.
· Hires, trains, schedules, and manages Box Office staff to service all ticketed presentations. Ensures staff are knowledgeable about Public Theater events, skilled in selling tickets, processing orders and requests, providing superior customer service, answering phones, and attending to required office support tasks.
· Maintains knowledge of CRM software to maintain customer accounts, process sales and exchanges, hold and open seat inventories within 24 hours of scheduled performances, reserve seats, and enable price types and performances as needed.
· Responsible for the planning, execution, and maintenance of all ticketed events within 24 hours of a scheduled performance. This includes, but is not limited to, the computer programming of events, seat maps, prices, dates, and seating holds; and the processing, printing, and distribution of all tickets including those sold through third-party sources.
· Develops, maintains and documents box office policies and procedures. Ensures Box Office staff compliance with these policies and procedures.
· Maintains annual budget for full-time Box Office staff, part-time staff, and materials with regular communication updates with Director of Audience Services of any variance(s).
· Participates in planning and coordination of annual membership and partner campaigns.
· Actively contributes to outbound sales initiatives for group sales.
· Maintains season performance calendar for Audience Services teams.
· Assist in preparation of box office and staff for daily curtains (ensure batch ticket printout, order racking, GA assignment, emergency seat holds, open radio to house staff and company management, etc.)
· Manages staff and works sales window during daily curtains, ensuring positive customer experiences and on-time house turnover.
· Complete end-of-shift reporting duties. Sign off on staff’s daily user drawers, and report errors or irregularities.
· Maintain equipment and supplies to keep a well-stocked, clean and organized box office.
- Five-plus years of professional manager level customer service experience within an active box office and/or call center.
- Proficiency with Tessitura ticketing / CRM programs strongly preferred.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter that can multitask and juggle priorities during peak seasons.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible and dependable, and have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Able to facilitate a collaborative work environment.
- Capable of problem-solving through appropriate channels.
- Deal effectively and courteously with all patron needs and customer service issues, and project an absolute air of professionalism.
- Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and able to effectively oversee a staff with differing skills, experience, and abilities.
- Experience in leading support staff and ensuring that work is completed in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Must use a computer terminal and view a computer screen for extended periods of time. Must talk in person or by phone (frequently and sometimes for extended periods) to people across all our venues. Must constantly use visual acuity to check printed and designed materials of various types. Must be able to navigate within The Public Theater facilities. Typical office working conditions.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Interested applicants can apply at: https://publictheaterfoh.typeform.com/to/v9qOPw