Media and Outreach Coordinator
Alliance of Resident Theatres (A.R.T./New York)
New York City, NY 10018
The Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York), a leading service and advocacy organization for New York City’s more than 400 nonprofit theatres, seeks a Media and Outreach Coordinator, a new position created to expand the reach of A.R.T./New York’s external communications.
The Media and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for press, social media, outreach, and content creation, as well as providing overall communications support. The position will report to the Director of Programs and will work closely with the Communications Coordinator and staff across all departments of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Outreach and Social Media
- Connect A.R.T./New York with local businesses and potential partners to benefit A.R.T./New York members and audiences
- Seek out and execute marketing and cross-promotional opportunities for A.R.T./New York’s programs
- Manage A.R.T./New York’s social media presence across all platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, etc.
- Expand A.R.T./New York’s social media content and presence to create a digital space for conversations
- Manage and create Facebook and other digital ads.
- Manage Google Adwords
- Create and send targeted invites and reminders to A.R.T./New York members for the promotion of small scale events
- Conduct research to build A.R.T./New York’s press list
- Work closely across to departments to craft compelling and accurate press releases, and distribute to media outlets
- Reach out to media outlets, pitching stories and following up on press releases to secure coverage for A.R.T./New York grants and services
- Create and maintain a marketing and press toolkit for use by A.R.T./New York members
- Work closely with Programs staff to create, solicit, and post blog posts to the A.R.T./New York website.
- Partner with the Communications Coordinator to expand A.R.T./New York’s video content to promote work across all departments.
- Seize opportunities to make use of social media and streaming opportunities to promote A.R.T./New York events.
Overall communications support
- Light graphic design as needed primarily to support social media
- Write copy as needed for use on the A.R.T./New York website and eblasts
- Assist Communications Coordinator with the maintenance of the A.R.T./New York website and the creation of eblasts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable about the NYC theatre community
- Able to write compelling and error-free copy
- Knowledgeable about the basics of developing a relationship with media outlets and eager to learn more
- Highly communicative and collaborative, able to work on a team and willing to ask for help
- An excellent proof-reader
A background in theatre or the arts is preferred. Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Cloud is required. Experience with Constant Contact, video editing, MemberClicks, or Hootsuite is a plus.
This is a non-exempt, full-time 40 hour/week position generally scheduled as Monday through Friday 10am-6pm, with some evening and/or weekend hours as required. Salary is $40,000 per annum. Full benefits package included upon start date, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, optional AFLAC plans, pre-tax commuter benefit option, generous paid time off, reimbursed theatre tickets, and optional 401k plan.
Please email a cover letter, resume, a brief marketing or press focused writing sample, and three references as an attachment (PDF format preferred) to [email protected]. Include “Media and Outreach Coordinator” and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls, please. This position is available immediately.
A.R.T./New York strives to create a friendly environment staffed by people who love the theatre, have a great sense of humor, and welcome diversity in all of its forms. A.R.T./New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.