RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Creative Intern.
About the role…
Reporting to the Sr. Managers of Scripting & Audio, the Creative Intern will serve as departmental support by assisting in creative, scripting, audio & music, and daily operations. The Creative Intern will learn how to prepare and edit scripts and scores, assist production creative team, and be a vital asset to the Scripting & Audio departments.
- Edit scripts based on needs of department heads and creative team
- Assist in the creation of scores
- Assist in budgeting for the department
- Assist in coordination with all music and audio vendors
- Assist to submit invoices, expense reports and reimbursements for staff payment and travel
- Assist to maintain department’s archival media and files.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the internship, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Logistical and creative mind
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Office applications
- Outgoing, great with people and outstanding attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- The ability to assist with multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Passion for the arts and entertainment industry
- A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR
- Work three (3) full business days per week from January through May 2019
- A full work day consists of eight (8) hours
- Flexible scheduling
- Compensation: stipend and MetroCard or college credit
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY