Touring Props Master
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Mills Entertainment is looking for a Touring Props Master for a currently touring production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in production meetings, conference calls, and training sessions prior to start date, as needed
· Participate in advance process when and if deemed necessary by the Company Manager
· Lead and call the truck pack during both load-in and load-out
· After the truck is dumped, perform routine maintenance on show props during load-in, including but not limited to paint touch-ups, replacements and repairs.
· Work in collaboration with the Deck Supervisor to ensure presets are achieved prior to each performance
· Assist the scenic department with repairs and touch-ups when available, and as needed
· Run the stage left deck track during performances, under the supervision of the Deck Supervisor and Stage Manager
· Supervise and direct local crew during the truck pack and backstage during performances, in conjunction with the Deck Supervisor, ensuring a safe working space in the truck and on deck throughout tours stay
· Maintain production paperwork related to the stage left deck track, collaborating with the Deck Supervisor on any edits
· Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
· Lend assistance to other departments as available and as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Must have prior touring experience
· Must have experience with prop maintenance
· Must have a background in theatre
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others
· Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
· Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
· Strong organizational and adaptability skills
· Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure
· Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
· Prior experience in providing general direction to a crew
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must pass a background check
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have previously toured with a theatrical show
Additional Information: Position runs from December to June with potential layoffs during that time. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $800.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
January 12, 2019 – June 30, 2019
HOW TO APPLY