Part-Time House Manager
Jacob Burns Film Center
PLEASANTVILLE, NY 10570
PT House Manager
The Jacob Burns Film Center is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville NY whose mission is dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community. We seek a part-time House Manager to join the Theater Staff team for our five screen independent cinema, which is open every day of the year and receives 225,000 patrons annually.
The House Manager is part of a team that reports to the Managers of Theater Operations, and plays a key role in the overall operation of the theater. The House Manager is expected to run the theater with or without the presence of senior staff.
We are seeking an outgoing and highly organized individual who has experience with leadership, the public, and the arts, to handle day-to-day front of house cinema operations for films and special events. Dedication to the goals of excellent customer service and outstanding film presentation is essential.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience supervising staff and dealing directly with the general public in a fast-paced environment is essential. Experience in a movie theater, performing arts center, or other arts nonprofit institution is a decided plus.
- Experience with part-time staff management and development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with JBFC administrative staff, as well as theater staff.
- Computer literate, with excellent quantitative skills and attention to detail.
- Experience handling money and reconciling accounts on a regular basis.
- Oversight of front of house staff (ushers, concessionaires, Audience Service Associates, A/V staff), and ensuring that operations are running in a friendly, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Effective management of front of house operations and film/event presentation. An essential component of this includes the ability to quickly and courteously resolve issues with patrons while dealing with real time situations.
- Assist with oversight of concession stand ordering and reporting, with an eye towards maximizing revenue.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Crowd control
- Developing and maintaining a team oriented atmosphere
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Enforcing company policies and procedures
Excellent command of PC-based Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel and Office) required. Experience with box office software and systems (JBFC operates on the Tessitura platform) a decided plus.
This is a flexible part-time position. Shifts include night and weekend hours. Flexibility is a must!
Start date: Immediately
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email only to [email protected] with “PT House Manager 18” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.