Control Room Technician
New York, NY 10036
Location: New York, NY
A full city block wide, Gulliver’s Gate is a technologically advanced, interactive and immersive world of miniatures that will ignite imagination and challenge your perspective. We are powered by a team of fiercely loyal, diverse, empowered, model citizens who thrive on curiosity, innovation and creativity.
The control room is the central hub of Gulliver’s Gate. All technology and models are controlled through this area where users will be amazed at the exposed behind the scenes look of Gulliver’s Gate. As part of the Control Team, you will engage with visitors and be able to control the giant video wall with the various softwares that we use to bring our models to life. This role is great for computer science majors or theater tech lovers.
Start up and shut down the exhibit
Maintain and upkeep exhibit throughout operational hour
- Operate the airport with the engineer team
Solve issues with stalled model trains and boats
Working with the engineering and model making team communicating issues within the exhibit
Be readily available for support in all issues involving the operation of the exhibit
Communicating with patrons on the operation of the exhibit
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completed or in progress Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science, IT/tech, theater tech, or engineering
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and visitor friendly orientation.
- Ability to handle a flexible work schedule, to include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of exhibit for customer questions.
- Gulliver’s Gate is open 7 days a week, some weekend, evenings, and holiday availability will be required.
This position reports directly to and supports the Shift Manager on staff. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hourly compensation TBD/ Full-time or part-time available.
Immediate start available
January 4, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jackie…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.