Touring Stage Manager
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Mills Entertainment is looking for an experienced Touring Stage Manager for a current touring production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in production meetings and phone conferences as needed.
• Maintain proper documentation of blocking and technical elements for run of show.
• Participate in technical advances, as deemed necessary by the Company Manager.
• Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs.
• Manage daily touring crew and show call times, sound checks, performances and sightlines in conjunction with the Company Manager.
• In collaboration with the scenic department, assess spatial limitations as presented making adjustments to blocking and tracking as necessary.
• Communicate any necessary re-blocking of the show as necessary, on a case by case basis.
• Call audio, lighting, spot and deck cues during performances.
• Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
• Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
• Assist other departments when necessary or available.
• Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
• Take and implement creative and technical notes, upholding the artistic integrity of the production.
• Hold notes sessions with cast and crew to ensure consistency with the show.
• Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
• Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Company Manager.
• Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
• Astute attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
• Prior experience in providing work direction, coaching others, management or related area preferred
• Must have a background in musical theatre
• A bachelors and/or advanced degree in theatre preferred
• Two or more years related experience in the touring field
• Must pass background screenings
• Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 3 years or more.
Additional Information: Position runs from December to June with potential layoffs during that time. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $850.00 – $1,200, depending upon experience. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
January 3, 2019 – June 30, 2019
$850 to $1200 depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY