Seeking a Stage Manager for Upcoming Rehearsals of a New Devised & Verbatim Performance
Honest Accomplice Theatre Inc.
Brooklyn, NY 11218
HONEST ACCOMPLICE THEATRE IS SEEKING STAGE MANAGER FOR
A CHIP ON HER SHOULDER (working title)
We are seeking someone who welcomes the excitement of working on a new show, and can work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment with a diverse cast and crew. Devised theatre is an exciting challenge for a stage manager but requires flexibility and diligent record keeping as the material is changing throughout the process until we move into tech.
Our current stage manager is moving into an assistant director/dramaturg role. She will be available to help transition a new stage manager.
- Tasks may include: Corresponding with our cast of 13 incredible cis-women and trans people to keep track of conflicts, questions and schedules.
- Attending all rehearsals to assist in the set-up and clean up of the space, the recording of scenes and other administrative duties.
- Transcribing recorded scenes post-rehearsal for the directors.
- Finding sound cues/props needed for rehearsals, running sound in rehearsals, making rehearsals reports and daily calls, updating scripts and blocking. (experience with QLab a plus)
- Assisting with load in/load out, running tech, and calling the show during performances. (Depending on the complexity of tech needs, our Assistant Director may work with Stage Manager to call the show)
- Experience with new and/or devised work a plus to navigate the fluidity of the process.
- Will coordinate with ASM to delegate responsibilities and communicate updates.
ABOUT HONEST ACCOMPLICE
We create original theater and media that seeks to expand the way women and trans people are seen by others and by themselves. We do this by exploring topics that are often silenced, seen as shameful, or portrayed as one-dimensional, and through our work seek to drive individual acceptance and incite community dialogue about issues pertaining to woman and trans people. To increase our impact and reach as many people as possible, we tour to community centers, universities, high schools, and senior centers, and make our videos free online — continuing the dialogue with an ever-growing number of people.
ABOUT CHIP ON HER SHOULDER (working title)
“A Chip On Her Shoulder” (working title) is a devised/docu-drama investigating the experiences of cis-women, trans people, and other minorities in the field of engineering and stimulates the conversation of what it means to be a visible and/or invisible identity in the field. Engineers impact our homes, our transportation, our food, and almost every advance we experience in our ever changing world, yet only 14% of engineers are women. The script is made up of both verbatim and devised material and we are seeking performers for both aspects of the show. After premiering the show, we plan to tour the piece to college locations.
- Timeline: Rehearsals Jan 14 – March 17, 2019 (evening/weekend rehearsals in Manhattan and Brooklyn)
- Tech March 18-20, 2019
- Performances: March 21-24, 2019
- Future tour bookings: possible dates April 2019, Fall 2019 and beyond
- Pay: Winter rehearsals and March performances : $500
- Future tour engagements: $125-$150 per booking
HOW TO APPLY:
Interviews will be held evenings the week of January 7th.
Please email [email protected] with (1) a resume (2) a letter detailing your interest in the project.
Honest Accomplice is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
January 14, 2019 – March 31, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to admin…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.