Aspen, CO 81611
Theatre Aspen’s Business Manager is a full-time position reporting to the General Manager and is responsible for providing the essential support required to maintain organized and accurate financial and business practices. This position is an important link for all departments and carries with it a substantial need for understanding of, and adherence to, organizational hierarchy, appropriate communication pathways and confidentiality. The Business Manager has specific responsibilities regarding business practices and financial management, planning and execution, included but not limited to:
· Maintain an active role in the financial organization including submission of payables, receivables, preparation of payroll, credit card reconciliation and accurate cross-pollination of systems.
· Budget preparation and monitoring; closely track budget lines (cash flow, research, forecasting, reporting, reconciliation).
· Assist Producing Director, General Manager and other staff in pulling/creating financial, ticketing and/or business reports.
· Assist in preparing and reconciling reports from IATS, PatronManager, Square, Configio, etc.
· File required tax reports, provide supplemental audit materials, and ensure compliance with business and non-profit regulations.
• With the General Manager, review all contracts and agreements, ensuring compliance with budget expectations.
• Track distribution and completion of contracts and required paperwork for all employees and independent contractors; ensure all payment directives are translated to payroll and accounts payable systems in a timely manner.
· As needed, assist with facility contracts and rental agreements, insurance, permits, and required licensing. Ensure contractual obligations are upheld, and the timely return of deposits.
· Collaborate with staff, house and venue management to establish structure of operations such as time sheet distribution and collection, bank deposits, and line accountability.
· Distribute paychecks/paystubs to employees and contractors not receiving pay via direct deposit; act as point of contact for payment disputes or discrepancies.
· 3-5 years’ experience with accounting or bookkeeping.
· Experience with contracting, payroll, and benefit procedures.
· Knowledge of QuickBooks.
· Astute attention to detail with strong organizational and adaptability skills. Able to work independently, exercise excellent decision- making skills, and manage multiple simultaneous projects while operating in line with proven systems. Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, implement, and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to handle, maintain, and protect confidential information.
· Passion for the performing arts preferred, as is a positive collaborative demeanor.
· This is a full-time position; candidate must be prepared to reside in the Aspen area.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to Daniel Benavent, General Manager, at [email protected] with a subject line labeled as “Business Manager – Theatre Aspen.”
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to daniel…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.