Advancement Associate / Grant Writer
Bucks County Playhouse Theater, Inc.
New Hope, PA 18938
ORGANIZATION: Bucks County Playhouse
LOCATION: New Hope, PA
WHAT: Advancement Associate/Grant Writer
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
The Advancement Office at Bucks County Playhouse, responsible for individual giving campaigns, foundation and government funding, corporate partnerships, and special events, seeks an energetic and creative professional to join the team.
The Advancement Associate/Grant Writer is responsible for fulfillment of tasks in support of increased financial contributions to Bucks County Playhouse and furthering its goals in public and internal information. The Advancement Associate/Grant Writer will interact with donors, foundations, staff, and board in a well-known, long-standing regional nonprofit. This is a full-time position eligible for benefits.
– Researches, organizes, writes, and reports on foundation, corporate, and government grants
– Cultivates relationships with foundation, corporate, and government contacts when appropriate
– Enters and processes gifts received, writes gift acknowledgments, manages Patron Manager donor database, and improves current record keeping system
– Prepares gift reports, annual reports, routine correspondence, and mail appeal for fundraising and event-marketing objective
– Supports the Department with the planning and implementation of special events
– General department support, as needed
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum two years of professional experience
– Must have database experience or be easily trained to acquire new skills with database products
– Strong writing skills
– Highly enthusiastic, positive minded, and detail oriented
– Creative thinkers and self-starters with strong communication and computer skills (Excel and Word are essential – Salesforce/Patron Manager is helpful)
– Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with institutional supporters
– Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
– Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected] Include Advancement Associate/Grant Writer in the subject line. No phone calls please. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Bucks County Playhouse, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, provides the finest theatrical entertainment for visitors and residents of New Hope, Doylestown, Lambertville, Bucks County and the Delaware Valley. Bucks County Playhouse inspires, entertains, and engages audiences with professional theatrical productions of new and classic plays and musicals featuring leading artists from stage and film. We provide innovative arts education and community programs that celebrate the performing arts.
Located between Philadelphia and New York, Bucks County Playhouse opened in 1939 in a converted 1790 gristmill after a group of community activists, led by Broadway orchestrator Don Walker and playwright Moss Hart, rallied to save the building. The Playhouse quickly became one of the country’s most famous regional theaters, featuring a roster of American theatrical royalty, and remained in continuous operation until December 2010. In 2012, the Playhouse re-opened thanks to the efforts of the Bridge Street Foundation, the nonprofit family foundation of Kevin and Sherri Daugherty, and Broadway producer Jed Bernstein. In January 2014, Broadway producers Alexander Fraser and Robyn Goodman assumed the leadership roles of Producing Director and Executive Producer, respectively.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.