Social Media and Marketing Intern
Beat by Beat Press
New York, NY 10128
Beat by Beat Press (www.bbbpress.com), the world’s fastest growing publisher of new musicals for young actors, is seeking a motivated social-media intern to join our growing team.
At Beat by Beat you’ll join a company that has the feel of a tech start-up combined with a passion for creating and publishing incredible new theatre for young actors.
Since 2011 Beat by Beat has licensed over 2,600 productions of its original musicals in 65 countries around the globe. The website currently receives over 75,000 visitors/month.
As an intern you’ll work right alongside our team and be involved in every aspect of running a boutique theatrical licensing/digital publishing business.
Ideally looking for candidates located in NYC. However this is a virtual position and all locations will be considered; intern will be working remotely with regular communication via Beat by Beat’s online company platform (Facebook Workplace).
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Generate 2 posts a day on Facebook & Instagram
- Create Instagram stories featuring fun and relevant content
- Assist in promotions for upcoming BroadwayCon (NYC Jan 11-13)
- Maintain social media calendar (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Assist in creating weekly Mailchimp campaigns
- Assist in updating website (WordPress)
- Assist in creative promotion for upcoming product releases
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE: Assisting in the creation/editing of publishing materials including scripts, scores, director books, ebooks, etc.
- Working with writers
- Assisting in publishing content to third party vendors including Amazon and iTunes
- Review and giving notes on script submissions
- Occasionally attending readings/workshops of potential acquisitions
- SKILLS YOU MUST HAVE: strong proficiency with Instagram/Facebook
- strong writing/communication
- highly-organized, detail-oriented
- creative thinker/problem solver
- strong proficiency in Mac environment
- proficiency uses Pages
- super fun and awesome to work with
- SKILLS IT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT IF YOU HAD: experience working with young actors/arts education
- background in theatre
- experience using WordPress
- experience using Photoshop
- experience using iMovie
- digital marketing experience
Approx.10/hours a week. Hours can be flexible, but must be consistent week to week.
Ideal candidate will be located in NYC. However this is a virtual position; you will be working remotely so candidates living anywhere in the US will be considered. Communication and work will be conducted mostly via Facebook Workplace, Skype, Dropbox. Must be available on Skype when working. Will set up a consistent schedule for a bi-weekly Skype check-in call.
Stipend: $200/month. We are happy to complete any paperwork for active students seeking course credit. Minimum 4-month commitment. Ideally looking for someone January-May.
This is a great position if you’re interested in a first-hand look at running a successful digital publishing/licensing company, or looking to grow your resume and portfolio by being the main point person of a growing company’s social media presence.
Please send the following to [email protected] with subject “INTERN”:
1) email of interest highlighting any of the skills mentioned above
2) include an answer to the question: “Why do you want to work with Beat by Beat?”
ABOUT BEAT BY BEAT PRESS
Beat by Beat Press is the worlds fastest growing publisher of original, high-quality musicals for kids, songs for kids, and teaching drama resources. The materials are created by a team of professional playwrights and arts educators in New York City and Los Angeles. Since launching in 2011, Beat by Beat shows have premiered in over 65 countries and its website receives over 75,000 visitors a month.
January 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.