Individual Giving Manager
Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, is seeking an Individual Giving Manager to serve as both a frontline fundraiser and a strategic and efficient presence behind-the-scenes.
- Manage Individual Giving renewals
- Written appeals
- Liaise with mail house as needed
- Inbound via a hotline
- Initial outbound
- Manage a portfolio of up to 200 donors and prospects
- Ensure appropriate moves management steps are followed in order to secure renewals and upgrades
- Represent MTC at special events including Patron Night during pre-show and at intermissions as assigned
- Provide support for Special Events department as needed
Manage Young Patron program
- Collaborate with Special Events to manage events
- Manage Patron Lounges
Marketing and communication:
- Liaise with outside vendors, re: Individual Giving materials
- Playbill, brochures, posters, etc.
- Cover “MTC Concierge” hotline for $6K+ donors
- Draft letter templates for season welcome mailing
- Collaborate with Database Manager to generate and clean data
3-4 years of relevant professional experience.
Familiarity with development database software and operations at a not-for-profit organization is preferred. Experience with Tessitura is a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent administrative, communication, and computer skills (including MS Office) are required.
Meaningful customer service skills and experience.
Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
Ability to take initiative, be flexible and work well independently and with a team.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter (MS Word, PDF or plain text format only) with “Individual Giving” in the subject line to Director, Human Resources at: [email protected]. Due to the large number of applicants we have for all positions at MTC, we cannot accept calls to inquire about the position. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
About MTC: Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), is a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals. Founded in 1970, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by contemporary American and international playwrights. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off-Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
Manhattan Theatre Club is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
For more about MTC, please visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.