Draftsperson/ Assistant Lighting Designer – Systems Department
The Lighting Design Group
New York, NY 10001
The Lighting Design Group (www.ldg.com), an internationally recognized broadcast and entertainment lighting design firm in New York City, is seeking a draftsperson/assistant lighting designer for its systems department. The position is responsible for providing drafting and logistical support for broadcast lighting systems installation projects.
Description: This position is accountable for ensuring that project drawings and documentation are created and modified to the specifications of the systems team, client expectations are achieved, and deadlines are met.
Areas of responsibility include:
1. Ensure that lighting systems drawings are drafted and completed in a timely manner in collaboration with the systems project manager and systems designer.
2. Work with systems team to ensure that drawings and specifications are accurate and up to date for projects under management.
3. Work with systems team to create as built drawings and documentation.
4. Work with equipment department for clarification and assistance to understand the necessary equipment and fixtures for installation of projects.
5. Assist lighting designers and/or Project Managers as appropriate.
6. Provide mutual back up support to entertainment draftsperson (in vectorworks, if skills allow) as required.
The position requires someone who is highly organized, detail oriented, adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances, a solid team player who has excellent communication skills. Proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit and Vector Works preferred) is required.
Experience in Architectural and/or Entertainment lighting for theatre and/or television is preferred. The position requires the ability to work the hours required to get the job done. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. This position reports to the EVP for Systems and Operations.
January 2, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000167-ebcb-dd25-abff-efdf14240000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.