Production Management/Education Intern
The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center/The Studio Theatre Tierra del Sol
The Villages, FL 32159
Internship at The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center and The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol
May 30th – September 1st, 2019
The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center and The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol are seeking interns in Production/Education for the summer of 2019. Located in The Villages of Florida approximately 50 miles North of Orlando and 60 miles South of Gainesville, The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center and The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol, are a professional road house and regional theatre (respectively) which houses plays/musicals and concerts on the road and simultaneously operates a professional regional theatre. Qualifications for Production Management/Education interns in the summer of 2019 will include/but not be limited to the following:
Production Management/Education Intern:
· Assist Production Manager in structuring and maintaining all files and correspondence for season auditions and contracts for the 2019 – 2020 Season.
· Assist with budgets, planning and meetings for the upcoming season at The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol.
· Serve as a research assistant in historical research on any and all shows at The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol.
· Assist Educational Director in running our 2019 Summer Camps for children.
· Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
· Updating digital paperwork, creating production and performance calendars in compliance with Actors’ Equity Association rules, assisting in other production areas as needed (including costume, sound, lighting, scenery, marketing, and box office), and other projects as assigned.
In Addition all applicants should have: Strong computer skills and diversity in Microsoft Office is required. A working knowledge of the performing arts preferred, and/or a significant dedication to learning the daily operations of Performing Arts administration and Production Management is expected. College students (at the sophomore-senior level) working towards a degree in an aspect of the performing arts (i.e. Theatre, Dance, Music) is preferred.
All Interns of The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center and The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol are expected to be:
- Detail oriented
- Follow directions well
- Maintain efficiently and consistent work habits
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have Intermediate mathematical skills
- The ability to adapt to change in assignment with little notice
- Proactive work habits
- Enjoy creative problem-solving
Interns chosen will be provided housing and a minimum of 30 hours of work per week/ paid hourly at the rate of minimum wage for the state of Florida ($8.46 per/hour effective January 1st, 2019).
Instructions for Submission:
· Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references (please do not exceed three references) as one document in PDF format to [email protected].com
· A pre-screening/interview via Skype, Facetime or other video conferencing software may be required for all potential interns whose submissions are being considered.
· Potential applications who need to return to classes before September 1st, should still submit resumes. A concluding date can be negotiated based on said person’s availability.
· At the conclusion of residency an exit interview will be required.
Please direct questions to:
The Studio Theatre at Tierra Del Sol
No phone calls please.
May 30, 2019 – September 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to Danielle.Paccione…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.