Front Desk Supervisor
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a Front Desk Supervisor who will report to the Operations Manager and provide overall administrative and operational support to the organization’s fast-paced Front Desk.
· Cover Front Desk duties
· Maintain the Front Desk Handbook
· Supervise Front Desk Attendants
· Lead hiring and training of Front Desk Attendants
· Lead scheduling of Front Desk shifts & coordinate coverage as needed
· Problem solve all Front Desk-related issues including policies, personnel, etc.
· Work with the Operations Manager to continually improve Front Desk processes and meet the needs of the growing organization
· Support administration of all Front Desk-related programs including visitor management, package tracking, and space management software
· Support Delacorte Operations Associate in the hiring and staffing of seasonal Gate Attendants
· Assist with administrative support of shared meeting spaces & office resources
· Strong Customer service skills
· Knowledge of general theatre production principles
· Strong understanding/ability to articulate The Public Theater’s mission, strategies & programming
· Strong knowledge of roles and disciplines associated with a not for profit theater
· Strong knowledge of (department) strategies, disciplines, technologies processes & schedules
· Strong ability to understand and follow standard department processes and operating procedures
· Participate in assigned projects; Strong prioritization skills
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
· Strong ability to manage among multiple concurrent projects with competing and unpredictable deadlines
· Strong ability to listen, and actively participate in meeting discussions and activities
· Organizational skills
· Good communication skills – phone skills, tact
· Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
· Standing for extended periods of time
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Front Desk Supervisor in the subject line.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to opsjobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.