Spring Development Intern
The Drama League
New York, NY 10013
DEVELOPMENT INTERN SUMMARY
This position reports to the Director of Development and is tasked primarily with assisting a bustling team of Fundraising Officers as they strive to exceed annual fundraising goals. Central to this position is supporting the Membership Manager in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
· In cooperation with the Membership Manager and Grants Writer, coordinate donor recognition, gift entry, and gift acknowledgments, pledge proposals and agreements, and donor correspondence and stewardship reports. Support the Development Team’s utilization of SRO database to manage a portfolio of approximately 1000 donors, including Trustees, and major gift donors.
· Serve as a primary phone concierge with the Membership Manager
· Process all ticket orders and send daily updates to the Membership Manager
· Collaborate with the Membership Manager on Data, Analytics, and Research to organize donor research requests and ensure the accuracy of gift reporting.
· Support Director of Developments management of the Team by scheduling meetings, preparing reports and materials for meetings, and tracking progress and assigned the next steps on projects.
· Assist the Director of Special Events on auction solicitation and fulfillment
· Provide backup administrative assistance to Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, as requested
· Working with the Director of Special events, assist with the development, organization, and implementation of special events, as requested.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – be friendly, personable, and outgoing.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once, be detail-oriented and work well under deadline.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff members, external vendors, and donors at all levels.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and an ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) required.
Please address all queries about the position to Nilan Johnson, [email protected]
January 7, 2019 – May 31, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to education…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.