Manager, Individual Philanthropy & Events
American Theatre Wing
New York, NY 10036
The American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards, home of the OBIE Awards, and one of the nation’s premiere arts non-profit organizations, is seeking an exceptional professional to lead and manage individual giving efforts, including cultivation and fundraising events, which generate approximately $2 million in annual support.
– Develop, execute, and coordinate strategies for securing annual funding from individuals, including but not limited to the annual fund, special campaigns, and leadership gifts;
– In consultation with the CEO and the Development Committee of the Board, create an annual individual fundraising plan geared toward expanding and diversifying ATW’s individual fundraising;
– Manage all aspects of donor cultivation events and the annual gala, including but not limited to volunteer management, invitation and guest list management, revenue analysis and tracking, seating, and budget, vendor, and venue management;
– Manage and effectively engage the CEO and Board in prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities;
– Deliver creative experiential fundraising campaigns, including online auctions and sweepstakes;
– Maintain accurate records through regular upkeep of the Salesforce database, and create database reports and campaigns.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements
– 5 years of solid development and event planning experience preferred;
– Enthusiasm for all aspects of individual donor fundraising;
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
– Strong social and diplomatic skills in order to work and cooperate with a wide variety of people;
– Outstanding organizational and project management skills;
– Proactive approach to problem-solving and strong common sense-based decision making ability;
– Ability to read, understand, and manage a budget;
– Ability to create compelling presentation documents;
– Ability to work independently, using good judgement, resourcefulness and the ability to sustain productivity on pressure;
– Ability to be both a leader and a team player;
– Impeccable attention to detail and high professional standards;
– High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information;
– High level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) as well as Adobe and Outlook.
– Working knowledge of Salesforce.com and DocLink a plus.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
American Theatre Wing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
January 1, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.