RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY
RWS Entertainment Groupis a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Casting Director to serve in the RWS Casting Department.
About the role…
The Casting Director will cast an entire project from beginning to end, working with well- known creative teams, run audition sessions, schedule appointments with agents/managers, as well as checking and documenting actor availabilities. The Casting Director will be expected to travel extensively in order to seek out talent.
- What’s expected…
Strong industry contacts and knowledge of audition posting platforms such as Breakdown Express.
- Planning, booking, staffing, scheduling, and running both open and invited auditions.
- Identify the potential in young talent as well as handling established talent.
- Have experience with sourcing specialty acts and musicians (in addition to singers, dancers, and actors).
- Understand how to Identify candidates not just as a fit talent-wise (on stage) but also personality-wise (off stage).
- Creating contracts and budgets with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Moderate to substantial traveling with evening and weekend availability.
Please Note:While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
- What you bring…
Three (3) years professional experience in casting, with a focus on cruise ships, as well as extensive experience in theatre, dance, theme park entertainment, and costume characters
- An acute knowledge of many dance styles and vocal techniques as well as a discerning eye for identifying talent
- Extensive knowledge of national and international audition markets (beyond NYC and/or LA)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under stringent deadlines
- Experience with research and script reading
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in problem-solving
- Motivation, loyalty, passion, integrity, drive, and self-direction
- Outgoing personality and a sense of humor
- BFA/BA degree in Theatre or comparable work experience
- Proficiency in Mac as well as Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
- What we bring…
- CitiBike membership
- Commuter benefits
- Health benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet-friendly office
- Paid parental leave
- 401k with company match
- Employee Enrichment Program
- When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events
- Summer Fridays
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY