Expedition Crew Member
New York, NY 10011
Pip’s Island is a pioneer in the children’s multi-channel media sector, striving to become the leading brand in interactive and immersive entertainment for children. We foster unique personal connections with children through live hands-on experiences and build a world of fun and exploration for children to actively play in. Our signature product is an immersive, interactive, multimedia live experience for children age 4-11 launching in New York’s Times Square early 2019. Job Description
The Expedition Crew will report to the Expedition Experience Manager and will play a pivotal role in the success of our flagship location. Cross-trained on a variety of customer service roles, they will work to ensure an excellent experience for our guests.
Pip’s Island integrates aspects of live performance, interactive media, attractions, and retail experience. As such, our model will draw on different industry norms from theater, attractions and events while forging a unique customer experience and operational approach.
- Assist in all aspects of customer experience, including arrival, ticketing, show flow, coatroom, and retail experience
- Ensure tightly coordinated guest crowd control, a seamless flow of people through different venue spaces
- Ensure the highest level of customer orientation and responsiveness to participant experience and customer service issues
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Host VIP tour and other special events including Birthday party offerings
- Actively promote the goods and services of Pip’s Island, to enhance the visitor experience
- Demonstrate Pip’s Island retail product and create a ‘retail theatre’ within the space
- Outstanding experience maintaining a premium customer service experience, preferably with interactive shows, attractions, special events, retail or theater
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business dictates
- Hourly rate with experience
- Benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for skill development and advancement as the company grows
Pip’s Island does not discriminate on the basis race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pip’s Island is strongly committed to hiring a diverse workforce, and applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
February 23, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY