Associate, Development Services (Digital Initiatives)
New York, NY 10019
Reporting to the Director, Development Systems & Administration, the Associate, Development Services (Digital Initiatives) is responsible for strengthening core fund-raising services through the application of technology, new digital strategies and cross-departmental initiatives. Principal responsibilities include working with Digital Content, Marketing and Web Development teams to coordinate the Development department’s web and social media presence, managing departmental email needs and approvals, initiating improvements in digital/ online operations and systems, and working with the Director to improve and increase digital engagement and fundraising tools across the entire department.
• Coordinate successful implementation of online and social media activities to meet Development’s needs, including: contractual obligations for sponsors; Gala and cultivation event promotion; reporting on digital activities; and, all digital collateral for various membership campaigns throughout the year.
• Working cross-departmentally, initiate and coordinate all web updates for Development – including donor recognition online, building Gala ticketing flows and photo slideshows, and troubleshooting issues on the website.
• Support Development’s growth in the digital arena by keeping up-to-date on current trends, actively participating in ongoing brainstorming and strategy discussions and facilitating the implementation of new initiatives across the department
• Manage the process for sending outgoing emails initiated by Development, including scheduling the email on the institutional calendar, managing deadlines for content, and facilitating internal and external routing to key stakeholders.
• Review all outgoing emails from CH, to ensure they follow crediting guidelines and route to departments within Development for approval as necessary, as well as review and approve all social media on a daily basis.
• BA/BS degree and 3 years prior experience in fundraising.
• A broad understanding of the growing importance of digital fundraising and online presence for a sophisticated fundraising office.
• Must be a creative team player who is able to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a fast-paced/ high volume environment.
• A high overall level of computer proficiency and a strong understanding and interest in social media, email and other online marketing tools is essential.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work successfully across multiple departments are important.
• Familiarity with Tessitura, and general understanding of web content management and email systems is highly desirable.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to humanresources…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.