Business and Office Manager
New York, NY 10013
Soho Rep. seeks a part-time, permanent Business and Office Manager.
Soho Rep. is an award-winning off-Broadway theater that is known for producing and developing ambitious, socially relevant, cutting-edge new work by writers like César Alvarez and The Lisps, Alice Birch, Jackie Sibblies Drury, debbie tucker green, Aleshea Harris, Lucas Hnath, Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, Daniel Alexander Jones, and Young Jean Lee. For more information about Soho Rep. please visit sohorep.org.
Staff members at all levels of the organization have meaningful interactions with each other and the artists who work at our theater. We are seeking a self-directed professional with a strong passion for boundary-pushing, contemporary performing art who is interested in making a difference at Soho Rep.
The Business Manager will report directly to the Executive Director while working closely with the Producer and Board Treasurer and an outside bookkeeper that performs monthly reconciliations. He/ she/ they will be expected to work an average of 24 hours per week and will receive an annual salary of $27,500 and three weeks of paid time off each year.
Major Responsibilities include:
· High volume of AP, credit card charges, bank deposits for a $1.8M+ organization
· Maintaining weekly and monthly cash flow
· Create and maintain administrative policies regarding financial systems
· Working with ED and Producer to compare actuals and projections to full year org. and production budgets
· Preparing financial reports and budgets for grant applications, reports and Board committee meetings
· Primary point person, with ED, for annual audit, 1099s/ 1096
· Reconciling box office, petty cash, and concession income
· Submitting company payroll
· Preparing reports and paperwork for industry unions as needed
· Preparing sub rental contracts
· Inventory tracking for onsite and online bookstore
· Reviewing annual liability, workers comp, and dno policies and making sure policies are up to date
· Ordering supplies for office and serving as primary point of contact for office vendors
· Non-profit finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
· Ability to execute complicated projects with competing deadlines from beginning to end with high attention to detail and great organizational skills
· Extensive working knowledge of Quickbooks and non-profit accounting procedures
· A sense of humor!
· Experience with Ovationtix or other online ticketing platforms preferred
Soho Rep. makes theater that strives to create radical empathy between people. We strongly believe that radical and empathetic work can only be made in an equitable and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Indicate “Business and Office Manager” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please describe your relevant experience and specific reasons for wanting to work at Soho Rep.
January 14, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.