Rock/ R&B Vocalists Of Color for International ’80s Rock Band
New York, NY 10018
Seeking incredibly strong male and female rock/ R&B singers OF COLOR, for lead and backup vocals in international ’80s rock band. Band has toured with Heart, Air Supply, Berlin, and works with Grammy-Award winning songwriters.
EXPERIENCED singers a plus, but sensational newcomers welcome, too. Reading sheet music a huge plus. NO MUSICAL THEATRE, please.
PLEASE READ SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
– 1-2 singers will be chosen. Singers will be required to sing both lead and backup vocals. Performances are high-energy.
– Please ONLY submit if you are a STRONG rock/pop/ R&B singer with a large range and incredible sense of tight pitch and harmony. You will be required to sustain tight backup harmonies and switch to lead, etc. We cannot emphasize this enough.
– Submit a video of you performing a high-energy rock or R&B song, showing your range. NO MUSICAL THEATRE, please. If you need help selecting a song, Google “Top Hits of the 80s.” Think: Heart, Pat Benatar, Whitesnake, Michael Jackson, Bonnie Tyler, etc.
– You MUST include a VIDEO with a direct link or attachment in your submission. Do NOT rely on us to visit your website or Instagram for footage. Do NOT submit if you do not have a video.
– If you have previous touring, band, concert, backup vocal, or other relevant experience, please indicate that in your submission notes.
Lead/ Backup Vocalist: M/F 18-30
Should have strong, true rock or R&B voices with large range, excellent and accurate pitch, and ability to blend harmonies. Please ONLY submit if you are a STRONG rock/pop/ R&B singer with a large range and incredible sense of tight pitch and harmony. You will be required to sustain tight backup harmonies and switch to lead, etc.
Ethnicity: Performers of Color
Required Media: Headshot/Photo, Video Reel
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
2019 dates TBD; casting will reach out with more detail if interested. Rehearsals will take place either in NYC or LA. Must have valid passport for international travel through the end of 2019.
Compensation & Union Contract Details
Pay: $500-1000/ week plus all travel and transport covered. Pay varies based on performance schedule. Union or non-union.
Seeking talent from:
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000167-a6f9-d8ce-a1f7-b7fb90e30000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.