Experiences Logistics Coordinator
RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY
RWS Entertainment Groupis a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Experiences Logistics Coordinator to serve as an in-house coordinator of technical supplies, accounts and logistics, spanning corporate events, theme parks, cruise ships, and other projects, within the company.
About the role…
Reporting to the Senior Director of Experiences, the ideal candidate will be responsible for handling technical logistics, as well as supporting the Experiences Department with administrative duties as needed. This role will act as point person for technical team coordination and will manage the details needed to ensure the success of productions from conception through execution.
- Coordinate all technical department needs between RWS production management and technical direction teams, outsourced designers, build shops, clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Order, track and manage all technical supply logistics, movements, and shipments, as needed, in shops, warehouses, or on-site.
- Effectively manage expenses and expense reports for assigned projects, ensuring deliverables remain within man-hour and financial budget guidelines.
- Oversee coordination of all technical shipments, manifests, and deliveries.
- Liaise and negotiate with current and potential vendors to ensure items sourced are most cost effective and durable.
- Oversee management and documentation of department inventory and client inventory stored by RWS.
- Record & document all technical information relating to account data as reference for future production and documentation purposes.
- Handle production management duties as needed in office when RWS Production Management teams are in the field.
- Be present for site surveys of venues and assist with any recording or documentation needed.
- Read and alter Auto CAD/Vectorworks drawings based on site surveys of a client’s venue and project designs.
- Timely client, contractor, and vendor correspondence as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
- Understanding that the position may require traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned. This position includes no wardrobe design assignments.
What you bring…
- Minimum 4 year degree in Theatrical Design, Technical Production, Production Management or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company
- Experience in the entertainment, cruise ship, theme park, and live event production industries
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with narrow time and budget constraints
- Strong leadership skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product
- Knowledge of technical elements associated with scenic, lighting, sound, video production and installation
- The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and get into the details as a team player with a “get things done” proactive attitude
- Comfort working in all weather conditions, as needed
- Loyalty, passion, and integrity
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
What we bring…
- Progressive PTO
- CitiBike membership
- Commuter benefits
- Health benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet-friendly office
- Paid parental leave
- 401k with company match
- Employee Enrichment Program
- When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY