Costume Shop Manager
Pacific Northwest Ballet
Seattle, WA 98109
The Costume Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of PNB’s Costume Shop and Wardrobe operation. This includes staff and workflow management as well as supply management, planning, development, budgeting and control of all costume and wardrobe work areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management Related Responsibilities
- Create and manage budgets for Costume and Wardrobe department, including new works, refurbishment of existing works, specialty hair/makeup, specialty shoe requirements and theater running costs.
- Responsible for hiring and scheduling staff, including seasonal, over-hire and union staff for all costume/wardrobe related productions and projects.
- Consult with Artistic staff to ensure artistic standards are being met.
- Set standards for the costume shop techniques and procedures.
- Understand, support and serve as visual eye to designers in order to be able to make informed decisions in their absence.
- Organization, initiative, innovation, efficiency, accuracy. Ability to organize and prioritize a wide variety of projects and meet all established deadlines. Ability to perform well under pressure. Flexibility to function within the context of changing priorities and schedules.
- Demonstrate sound project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects in a busy environment, while maintaining a cohesive department.
- Minimum 5 years supervising costume construction
- Knowledge of and experience in all areas of ballet costuming
- Knowledge of and experience in accounting procedures and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in time management, budgeting and work flow analysis
PNB values diverse perspectives, and life experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please go to https://www.pnb.org/aboutpnb/employment/ for full job description and directions to apply.
May 20, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000167-a857-d06d-aff7-fcffc1760000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.