McCarter Theatre Center
Princeton, NJ 08540
McCarter Theatre Center, located on the campus of Princeton University, is one of the nation’s most active cultural centers. Under the artistic leadership of award-winning playwright and director Emily Mann, McCarter produces a vibrant six-play Theater Series each season. McCarter is a major presenter of the performing arts, bringing the best artists from around the world to Central New Jersey, including Dianne Reeves, Esparanza Spalding, Andy Borowitz, and many more. McCarter is committed to engaging, educating and cultivating a broad range of audiences, making the arts accessible to all people, and presenting a variety of entertaining and thought-provoking programming across disciplines.
The Marketing Assistant’s primary focus will be to provide administrative support for the Marketing department. This position will work closely with McCarter’s two Marketing Managers in the day-to-day execution of sales campaigns for all McCarter events. This is an ideal opportunity for early-career candidates interested in arts management.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
· Assist marketing managers with project research, calendaring, reserving ads, and routing materials for approval.
· Coordinate direct mail activities, which include managing relationships with the mail house and McCarter’s United States Postal Service account.
· Distribute promotional materials to outside partners and manage placement of materials throughout the building.
· Update database of event listings on partner websites.
· Work with volunteers to accomplish department-specific tasks.
· Facilitate ordering of various branded materials, including stationary, business cards, and name tags.
· Research, organize, and participate in community/promotional events as assigned.
· Process and track invoices and credit card reconciliations for payment.
· Provide general office support as needed, including but not limited to filing, copying, mail collection, department supply management, archiving materials, routing department calls, taking meeting minutes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Relevant experience in administration and/or marketing, preferably within the performing arts.
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience using project management software (Basecamp) and Tessitura is a plus.
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends.
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, sick and personal time, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
Preference will be given to applications received by December 31st.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line, and let us know how you became aware of this opportunity. No phone calls please.
McCarter is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.