Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina is seeking applicants for the following position of: Staff Carpenter.
The Arts Center is a not-for-profit producing and presenting organization, providing a wide variety of live entertainment experiences for the greater Hilton Head Island and Bluffton South Carolina area. The Arts Center collaborates with Tony and Emmy award winning artists on a continual basis. The Arts Center is a SPT7 level theater working with Actors Equity Association and SDC. Hilton Head is located on a barrier Island and only 45 minutes for Savannah Georgia.
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Hourly – Non-Exempt
THE OPPORTUNITY: Under the direction of the Technical Director and Master Carpenter, your duties include (but are not limited to):
• Construction, assembly and installation of scenery for Arts Center productions,
• Working with the Master Carpenter on work allocation and scheduling,
• Assist in supervising any overhire and/or volunteer shop assistants, • Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the scenic elements during show runs,
• Assist in the shop upkeep,
• Occasional running crew assignments.
• Participation as assigned in all Arts Center functions, including Gala Fundraisers, theater rentals, the Presenting Series, outdoor festivals and education and outreach activities.
Qualified applicants will have a strong background is standard scenic construction techniques and treatments. They will also have a sold background in the use of standard shop tools and equipment. Experience in rigging and MIG and or TIG welding desirable but not required.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
The Staff Carpenter is a full time, hourly non-exempt position, paid bi-weekly. The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina offers medical, dental and life insurance, as well as voluntary 401K plan.
Email cover letter and résumé to Brian Riley V.P. of Production: email@example.com . Please use the subject line: “Arts Center: Staff Carpenter position”.
The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
No mail or phone submissions, please.
December 31, 2018 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to briley…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.