The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a Membership Manager to oversee The Public’s Membership and
Public Supporter donor program (giving levels from $65-$1,000) representing approximately $2.5 million in contributed revenue. This position is also responsible for developing and managing year-end giving and small gift campaigns.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications. The Public is a cultural institution dedicated to upholding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The ideal candidate must be willing to investigate how those principles apply in the context of marketing and development.
• Develop, execute & manage strategies around the acquisition, renewal, stewardship, and benefit fulfillment of the Membership & Public Supporter program. Create a multi-layered approach that leverages email, digital advertising, direct mail, collateral and outbound/inbound calling to achieve a goal of approximately $2.5 million in contributed revenue.
• Develop & manage a calendar year-end giving campaign plus an annual small gifts campaign to leverage additional giving from existing donors, as well as incidental gifts from single ticket buyers. Collaborate with the communications team to leverage digital platforms in support of social media contributions, online transaction round-ups and seasonal telefunding.
• Collaborate with marketing and development to leverage The Public’s Free Shakespeare in the Park program and other summer programming in support of the contributed revenue goal.
• Oversee an acquisition and renewal campaign, as well as cultivate relationships with partners, concierges, and other vendors to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to maximize membership activation in support of earned revenue goals.
• Serve as an institutional advocate on behalf of members and supporters. Understand and optimize the donor journey, both in-person and online. Serve as a front-line member and supporter representative as needed.
• Oversee the execution of all membership collateral including but not limited to: acquisition brochures, renewal letters, email graphics, acknowledgment templates, and special appeal communications.
• Identify industry trends, gaps and needs of the members and supporters and develop distinct, segmented strategies accordingly.
• In partnership with development team, develop and manage stewardship strategies for members and supporters with special focus on those individuals primed to move to the next giving level.
• Maintain knowledge of the latest fundraising skills and strategies. Remain current with trends and issues pertaining to the performing arts in general and the Public Theater in particular – its goals, programs, mission and vision.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven record of creating and fostering excellent relationships between donors and an institution. A self-starter with the ability to set a course of action, to prioritize deadlines, to solve complex and delicate problems and organize information in a concise and effective manner. Must have the ability to work cross departmentally with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
Candidates must possess an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field, and exceptional verbal and written communications skills are a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience is preferred. Knowledge of theater and the arts in NYC a plus.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.